Lake Brazénies trail
The lake Brazénies trail lets you discover a forest of evergreen and leaf-bearing trees, where you go along a maple grove, with the possibility of seeing small game such as hares and partridges. If you look carefully, you may see the Northern hawk owl, the barred owl, the great-horned owl, and the Eastern screech owl. If you are lucky, you might even catch sight of a fox or two. At the mountain summit, you will see the tree stands for moose hunting. The lake at the mountain summit and its little island will fulfill your need for solitude and large open spaces.
Matawinie National Trail
The Matawinie National Trail is a section of the Trans-Canada Trail, which allows you to discover a mixed forest of deciduous and coniferous trees in mountainous regions. You have access to a number of lookouts and fabulous views over the vastness of our forests and our many lakes. You even have the opportunity to observe deer, and for the more adventurous, the opportunity to go to a logging hut to light a good fire and warm up.
Drive your own team of 6 or 7 dogs yourself or have one of our professional mushers drive you.
Experience the snow, the tranquility of a concert in the middle of the forest and the feeling of living 100 years in the past, what better way to take your mind off things.
- Half-day walk with musher at $185 per person, half price for children under 12 years old
- Half-day walk with lunch in the forest for $215 per person, half price for children under 12 years old.
- Full-day walk with lunch in the forest for $260 per person, half price for children under 12 years old.
Consult our winter packages
We will plan with you, excursions of 1 to 75 days of snowmobiling per season
Whether a guided tour or not, let us help you plan an excursion for two; or, in a small group with or without a guide, whichever works best for you in order to experience a wonderful time.
- Current model of snowmobile
- Civil responsability Insurance from FCMQ
- $2500 + taxes deductable in case of accident
- Guide upon reservation $$
- Complete gear (special “Grand Froid” snowmobile suit including snowmobile boots, gloves and helmet with visor
- All access rights
- Starting at $295 week days and 315 week end Price per snowmobile per day according to the number of participants
Someting new for the Maple Sugar Time?
A very short walk from the ‘Inn leads to Kevin’s Maple Sugar Cabin. The family’s son, Kevin, and his team boil the maple water to obtain a quality syrup. They use wood to heat the large boiler in order to evaporate the water and concentrate the sugar for a superb maple syrup.
A little further along, you will see the maple trees. This is where we collected the first maple water, on land rented from the crown, with trees that are 75 years old. These trees had never been tapped – we installed approximately 12 kilometres of tubing for a secure and safe tabbing of the maple water.
Our “Table d’hote” evening meal and the breakfast menu contain many maple treats. You will discover our maple products and you will also sweeten your taste buds.